Who We Are
Continuous community engagement is essential throughout the process.
City institutions need to be more supportive of cultural and linguistic diversity.
City institutions need to be more supportive and responsive to families.
Available services need to be coordinated and publicized in such a way that families can access them more easily.
1. Children and youth need access to supervised activities in nurturing and safe environments at all times.
2. Children need comprehensive health care, which addresses physical and emotional well-being.
3. Families need to be informed and supported to advocate for their children.
4. Children and youth need adequate housing and an economically secure environment.
5. Young children need supports to be physically, mentally and socially ready when they first enter school.
6. Children and their families will be able to read.
7. Children need to be physically fit, physically active, and eating well.
8. Children and youth need to be free from alcohol, tobacco, and drug use.
9. Children need to be safe from violence in their homes, schools, and community.